401 Mission Statement And Objectives
401 MISSION STATEMENT AND OBJECTIVES
401.1 Mission Statement:
The Archdiocese’s Internal Audit office of the Division of Fiscal Services (“Internal Audit”) acts as an independent audit and management advisory service to the Board of Financial Administration and Central Services’ financial and administrative managers, supporting Archdiocesan and parish and school staff to ensure accountability, effectiveness, and completion of their financial responsibilities.
401.2 Statement of Objectives:
- To provide an independent appraisal function to examine and evaluate the financial and operational activities of the parishes and schools of the Archdiocese.
- To determine whether overall Archdiocesan objectives are accomplished in a manner that is consistent with established policies, procedures and sound business practices, and to report deviations to management.
- To evaluate and appraise an entity’s system of internal controls to ensure that information is accurately, completely, and timely processed.
- To review and ensure an entity’s compliance with its internal control procedures and related policies, procedures, laws and regulations that could have a significant impact on Archdiocesan operations.
- To recommend procedures to help improve an entity’s accounting and internal control procedures in order to safeguard its assets and resources, promote its growth, and to ensure compliance with all public laws and regulations, as well as the adopted policies of the Archdiocese.